Sunday, December 31, 2006

I Never Need To Rent Another DVD Again. Seriously.

Whew! What a crazy holiday it's been. I haven't done any claywork in what seems like ages and I feel quite guilty. My poor, poor shop. Yes...guilty is definately the word. Ugh. Could be burnout, could be exhaustion, could be both. But whatever it is, I hope I get the energy to create more soon. I've done a lot of ceramic painting lately, for what it's worth. Painted a couple neat large bowls for my "Creatures of the Deep" bowl series. God only knows how many series' I have going on right now. I think it's more than 4... But I love the bowls. I need to take some photos so you can see them too.

Christmas was great! I got to spend it with the whole family--Christmas Eve with my mom and brother (who flew up from Phoenix--I haven't seen him for a year because he's in college) and then Christmas day with my brother, Dad and Grandma. It was lovely. And my family knows me very, very well. When all was said and done, I wound up with close to 10 new dvds. Glee! Pirates of the Carribean II (the 2-disc version, of course), a special edition version of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Kill Bill volume I, Pulp Fiction, Constantine, Little Miss Sunshine, The Red Violin, Being John Malkovich, Napoleon Dynamite... Good god, I have a freaking video store in my house! 90 dvds, from when I last counted. But that's not all. I was also graciously given gift cards and cash to buy yet MORE movies. Egads. Some new cds are now also in my possesion, much to the delight of my ears and 20gb ipod.

I spent half the money on some new tops, which I really didn't NEED, but couldn't resist and had to have. The rest of the money will go towards an antique typewriter or Brownie camera and some dvds.

And now, I just watched one of my favorite flicks, Amelie, and will watch Being John Malkovich shortly to ring in the New Year. What a perfect evening! Happy New Year, everyone! I hope your holidays were also grand and that the new year brings you even more grandness...or something like that... :)

No comments: