Saturday, December 16, 2006

Back From The Darkness

Many of you probably already heard about the storm that plowed through the Puget Sound/ Pacific Northwest area Thursday night. It was a doosey. My power was out for a couple days, but it's back on now (woot!). My house is typically the last house to get it's power back, but for a strange and welcome stroke of luck, this time it was one of the first. But many still don't have power and they're going strong on three days now without it. And it's wickedly cold, too. Here's to hoping they get there's back on quickly.

It seems like every year we get slammed with a bad wind storm, but this was one of the worst. I live near the Hood Canal region which recorded winds up to 75 mph. I think all the bridges around here closed down (including the Tacoma Narrows--which has never closed in all of the state's history) due to the high winds and a lot of streets are still blocked with fallen trees. It's really crazy. So far, there's been a recorded four deaths due to the storm and lots of injuries and carbon monoxide poisoning (which isn't wholly unusual for bad power outages, unfortunately).

But my family and I are all okay. The pets are fine and we're warm and happy. If anything, I learned one big thing from this storm: ipods are an absolute godsend. They drown out the horrible wind noise and make living in the dark just a little more comforting.

2 comments:

T said...

Wow, sounds like quite a storm! It's been strangely Spring-like here in New England. I'm sure for not much longer. I just stumbled onto your blog. Love your Winter Wonderland Charms!

Eggman Studios said...

Thank you! :) I have some neighbors that recently moved out there and they said the same exact thing the other day. Boy, weather sure is strange...