Wednesday, January 10, 2007

January Blues

Well, here we are in 2007. Sorry about the lapse between entries. So busy...still. And there just hasn't been a lot of art time. I'm actually debating whether or not I want to cut back my hours a little at work to give myself some extra time for my artwork/jewelry business. Because right now I just can't squeeze it all in (and when I do get some time to play around with the clay, it almost feels like more work because I'm a bit burned out--and that ain't good). I guess I'll just have to play it by ear. Could just be the after-Christmas-burnout that I'm experiencing.

Anyway, I forced myself to do some claywork last night because my shop is in desperate need of new stuff. I have so many fun ideas in the sketchbook, but sadly just not enough time to devote to them right now. On top of that, I'm on the lookout for an apartment and it's turning out to be a big pain in the ass. Not a lot of decent affordable places for rent around here. I have confidence it will all work itself out, but right now it's just so....depressing.

Today we're getting more snow, the clouds are rolling in as we speak, and supposedly are heading into another deep freeze for the rest of the week, like that week we had in November where the temps plummited. And this is why I still have
snowman charms listed in the shop. Sure, December is long gone, but the snow sure ain't.

The new pieces I finished last night should get listed in the shop sometime this week (knock on wood) if I can get some time to photograph them properly. One will be a necklace (woot!), which I am terribly excited about. A totally new design that turned out better than I could've hoped. So, be on the lookout!

No comments: