Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I'm Feeling Way Too Girly

I just finished listing my last Valentine's Day themed goodies in the shop. A couple glitterati heart charms that just might kill you from sweetness. I can't help but think how neat it would be to give these out to loved ones instead of valentines. Something kind of unexpected.

Anyway, I went on a baking and cooking spree these past two days that I had off from work. It was a blast. I made a delicious pork and apple pot pie (a bigun' that can easily feed 4 peeps) that I've made before but I think I've now perfected the recipe. It was one that I found online but modified because some of the ingredients didn't sound that...appealing. So, the one I made had bits of pork chops, onions, apples, a dash of apple juice, a smidgen of cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and some delicious cheese that I got at Pike Place market last week. Yuuuummmmy. Such a cozy meal.

Then I made two dozen red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I never ever see red velvet cake mix at the stores around here, I think primarily because it's a southern thing. But I actually found some in the specialty store near me a month ago and had to get it, thinking it would be perfect for Valentine's Day. So, now I have more cupcakes than I know what to do with.

Not that that's a bad thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you can do with those cupcakes - send some MY way, LOL! Your post makes me VERY hungry, not to mention all the scrumptious treats in your etsy shop. I *heart* them very much!!