Saturday, July 04, 2009

Owls And Mammoths

Happy 4th, all you States peeps!

I live in a town that does its fireworks celebrations on the 3rd, so I've already pretty much had my fill of sky explosions. Tonight will be spent indoors at the painting table as I scramble to finish up the last handful of paintings for the Polar series.

Speaking of which, I have a couple more to show you.
"The Arctic General"
acrylic on cradled hardboard
6x6", 1.5" thick
{sold}
"Arrival Of The Last Woolly"
acrylic on cradled hardboard
4x4", 1/2" thick
{sold}

That snowy owl General was supposed to be crownless, what with being a general and all. Crowns sort of get in the way of air combat. We had a bit of a debate over the idea, and in the end, I caved and gave him a little crown of his own. After all, he's an important member of the Polar Royal court. Never argue with a decorated owl.

And I had to paint a mammoth. A particularly paranoid and goofy one, at that. This one has red string tied around his tusks so that he remembers to leave/arrive at the polar convention on time.

I'll be back on Monday with more paintings and an official date for the shop unveiling! Have a great holiday and weekend, everybody!

No comments: