Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Chair Aquatic

I've been meaning to post pictures of this chair makeover I did last month, but I keep forgetting too. These are a tad dark, but at least you'll sorta get an idea as to how it looks...
Earlier in the year, I acquired a neat, but rather abused, 60s chair for *free*. A neighbor was tossing it, I saw it and asked how much they wanted for it. They gave it to me for nothing and looked at me like I was a bit crazy. Not crazy, though! I saw potential!
It has amazing modern lines and is made of gorgeous real wood. Sure, the seat was well-loved and grungy. And the back cushion leather was torn. But those are easy fixes...Out came the staple gun and some fabric I've been hording and voila! A whole new chair is born.
The seat cushion is a lovely red/white ticking stripe and the back cushion is Heather Ross fabric (which I adore and is just smack-down perfect for my eclectic, old-meets-new, ocean-loving self).
I love it (and ya just can't beat free).Enjoy your weekends!

4 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You certainly worked your magic on the chair. What a treat it must be every time you look at it now. I love it! Twyla

Rachel said...

dude... I'm impressed. Mightily. I was going to say that earlier, then I got sick. And kind of dropped off the face of the earth. :) But it's COOL. People would pay good money for something as cool looking as that.

MarmeeCraft said...

oh yummy!! I LOVE it!! :)

Eggman Studios said...

Thank you so much, guys!! :)