Monday, July 06, 2009

An Invitation

Mark your calendars...


This Thursday the Polar Royalty Convention collection will go live in the online shop. Yay!


I just finished this rather moody piece for it last night:
"The Rabbit Room"

acrylic on hardboard

10 x 8"

{ Sold }

{detail}


These plump and warm arctic hares are patiently and anxiously waiting beside their quiet leader, who is gifted enough to foresee future events and therefore plays an important role in this year's polar convention. He's very loosely based off the character Fiver from one of my favorite novels, Watership Down. Today I go frame hunting for this one.


There will also be two more of these wooden tag portraits in the update:

"The Seal Ambassador"

acrylic on wood laminate tag

3.5 x 5"

{ Sold }

The last one is an ermine and I am just wrapping up on his particular portrait.

All in all, a very lusciously colored and serious-meets-whimsical series that I'm quite pleased with. I hope to see you all on Thursday!

Have a splendid day, dears!

2 comments:

sockstar said...

aw. I love the bunnies little hat.

Eggman Studios said...

Thank you! I'm a sucker for critters in hats. :)