Thursday, June 25, 2009

Northern Trinkets

Three new (and tiny) pieces for the Polar Royalty Convention collection:

"A Royal Appearance From The Sea"
acrylic on Arches watercolor paper
2.5 x 3.5" (ACEO-sized)
{sold}

"Predicting The Future"
acrylic on Arches watercolor paper
3.5 x 2.5" (ACEO-sized)

{sold}

"The Wise One"
acrylic on Arches watercolor paper
2.5 x 3.5" (ACEO-sized) {sold}
 I really wanted to have some ACEO paintings in this series, since it's been such a long while when I last painted some. Plus, I recently re-discovered a lovely pad of Arches watercolor paper in my supplies stash that worked beautifully with the acrylic paints. It's always fun to paint on a different surface. That grumpy and plump fortune-telling arctic hare is being featured in a larger painting I'm currently knee-deep in.

In other random news, I was pooped on by a seagull a few days ago. While at a restaurant.

...I don't think I need to explain that one any further.

4 comments:

Karlyn said...

I do have to say I'm totally digging the Arctic theme. What great fun.

Eggman Studios said...

Thanks, Karlyn! :)

Rachel said...

oh my gosh... I'm having a really hard time not busting up laughing... cause really, getting shat upon by a seagull is no laughing matter, and yet... I would laugh my ASS off if I saw it happen in real time, so... yeah. I'm sorry. teehee....

I wanna see the big rabbit piece. :)

Eggman Studios said...

I. know. In all actuality, I was lucky because most of it missed me (and by god, seagull shit is serious stuff). Plus, I was wearing a scarf on my head--lucky again.

It was pretty funny though, even to me. :)