Friday, January 30, 2009

Sharpening Pencils

Still painting. And sketching. And looking for a new day job (along with so many other folks) to help pay the bills. Painting is keeping me sane during the job-hunt, otherwise I'd be completely overwhelmed and exasperated. My motto right now is just to stay positive, stay strong, and keep plugging away. And so, that's precisely what I'm doing.

Here's a few peeks into my current sketchbook...
I have more painting to do, so I must get back to work. Hopefully the weekend will bring some sun and blue skies! I'm starting to get a bit antsy for Spring...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow--loving these sketches! :)

Best wishes of luck with the job hunt!

Eggman Studios said...

Thank you so much, Casey! :)

Rachel said...

the little squigglies under what I believe is an anemone look vaguely like Q-tips with jellyfish stingers. That was such a weird and disturbing thought I had to share it.

Eggman Studios said...

Haha! They do! It's a quickie sketch of a kelp/seagrass breed. A painting of Q-tips is, indeed, a bit weird...even for me. :)

sMacThoughts said...

You are SO so talented, I will send you strong energy for a perfect day job! Much as I dislike mine for a variety of reasons, in these times I am absolutely grateful and respectful of the one I have. May one soon be in the cards for you, too!

Eggman Studios said...

Thank you so much, my dear! :)