Saturday, January 03, 2009

Art Shows And Afghans

If anyone out near MA needs something to do this weekend, I have a couple paintings in this Apocalypse-themed show:
Opening reception is this Sunday. There should be a lot of interesting art there--wish I lived a little closer. Here's some snapshots (as usual, somewhat crappily-overexposed) of the pieces I sent off for it:
"The Last Bride" acrylic and gold composite leaf on illustration board and vintage album sleeve

"There Shall Be No Mercy" acrylic and gold composite leaf on illustration board and vintage album sleeve
{detail}

I went to my favorite Goodwill the other day and completely and utterly scored on this amazing crocheted afghan:
Ready for the price? $3.00. Uh-huh. It almost felt like I was stealing it from the store. I've been needing a throw for my couch and this is just perfect. The fact that the pattern and colors match one of my pillows is borderline eery.
Be prepared for more art on the way! I have a little stack that's steadily growing and I'll be listing them for sale this coming week. This painting update is going to consist of entirely small pieces (ranging between small and really small) so there should be something for everyone's pocketbook. I'm really digging how the collection is looking so far!

Hope you are all enjoying your new year!

No comments: