Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fly Away

Birdies have landed in the shop for the holidays! There's 3 bright hues to choose from:They look splendid alone, of course, but even better when grouped up together. I'm a big fan of unconventional colors for the holidays (pinks, shocking greens, black, yellow...). Love red as I may, come December, I need lots of bright off-beat punches of color alongside it.

And peppermint stripes, of course. Gotta have the peppermint stripes. :)

Off to see Across the Universe on Friday in Seattle with a couple friends from work and am extremely excited! I've been looking forward to this film for months--almost as long as I have for the Darjeeling Limited (which I am DYING--dying, people--to see). I know it's getting odd reviews, but I don't care. Beatles tunes AND odd/stunning surreal visuals? Sign me up, please.

Ta-ta for now, dear friends!

7 comments:

Eggman Studios said...

Thanks for letting me know! I used to be really involved in the mail art community & will see if I can't whip something together to send you folks. :)

mellowbeing said...

The birdies are so glamorous - they're stunning!

I saw both movies and absolutely loved Across the Universe. I was singing half the time. The other movie wasn't so great - dunno, I've liked other movies in that type of genre but this one didn't seem to have the same effect. Well, let us know your review.

Eggman Studios said...

Thanks! I agree with you on Across the Universe--saw it last night and was awesturck (especially with the second half of it. Wowza). I have yet to see Darjeeling though.

Rachel said...

which theater did you go to to see it? It looks cool, I remember reading about it when I was in Singapore

Eggman Studios said...

I ended up going to the AMC theater on 6th and Pine, I think it was? It's located on the 4th floor in one of those buildings (and it took a couple trips around the block to figure THAT one out). Pretty cool movie! Had it's cheasy moments, but some seriously awesome scenes and well worth seeing.

PAC said...

oo I love the glittery birdies!

Eggman Studios said...

Thank you! :)