Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fly Away

Birdies have landed in the shop for the holidays! There's 3 bright hues to choose from:They look splendid alone, of course, but even better when grouped up together. I'm a big fan of unconventional colors for the holidays (pinks, shocking greens, black, yellow...). Love red as I may, come December, I need lots of bright off-beat punches of color alongside it.

And peppermint stripes, of course. Gotta have the peppermint stripes. :)

Off to see Across the Universe on Friday in Seattle with a couple friends from work and am extremely excited! I've been looking forward to this film for months--almost as long as I have for the Darjeeling Limited (which I am DYING--dying, people--to see). I know it's getting odd reviews, but I don't care. Beatles tunes AND odd/stunning surreal visuals? Sign me up, please.

Ta-ta for now, dear friends!

7 comments:

Eggman Studios said...

Thanks for letting me know! I used to be really involved in the mail art community & will see if I can't whip something together to send you folks. :)

mellowbeing said...

The birdies are so glamorous - they're stunning!

I saw both movies and absolutely loved Across the Universe. I was singing half the time. The other movie wasn't so great - dunno, I've liked other movies in that type of genre but this one didn't seem to have the same effect. Well, let us know your review.

Eggman Studios said...

Thanks! I agree with you on Across the Universe--saw it last night and was awesturck (especially with the second half of it. Wowza). I have yet to see Darjeeling though.

Rachel said...

which theater did you go to to see it? It looks cool, I remember reading about it when I was in Singapore

Eggman Studios said...

I ended up going to the AMC theater on 6th and Pine, I think it was? It's located on the 4th floor in one of those buildings (and it took a couple trips around the block to figure THAT one out). Pretty cool movie! Had it's cheasy moments, but some seriously awesome scenes and well worth seeing.

Paper Girl Productions said...

oo I love the glittery birdies!

Eggman Studios said...

Thank you! :)