Monday, October 26, 2009

Footprints Of Fall

Despite being bitten by a monstrously large and hairy spider a few days ago (thus prompting a very embarrassingly girly scream and an impromptu "Dance of Ickiness") and also having a rather persistent cold for the past week, I've been spending my free hours outside with Nature.
Fall is my favorite time of year and I just can't get enough of it. Unfortunately, in the Pacific Northwest it lasts a very short few weeks (if that) before the gray and gloom and drizzle of Winter sets in. The trees right now are alive and vibrant in shades of red, magenta, and electric yellow.All of these pictures were taken earlier in the week right in my own backyard. The Japanese Maple looked like a flaming ball of red leaves, all a'glow even at night.And the cherry tree was a massive trunk of golden yellow. A few windy days later and now most of the leaves are on the ground, leaving me with a view of bare branches for the next 6 months...In-between admiring the trees, I've been adding bits and bobs to my curiosity cabinet. This small rock crab shell spent an hour at my work table for some TLC and varnishing to fix some cracking issues. He's all better now and living it up with his (dead) shellfish friends on my mantle.

Halloween is quickly approaching.... I can't wait!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I like drizzle. :P

Eggman Studios said...

In all honesty...I really do too. :)

MarmeeCraft said...

Oh so lovely!!! Happy almost Halloween to you!!