Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Another Collection

I've just recently begun to collect ACEOs, which have really hit the art-collecting world by storm (click the link to read the Wiki article on just what the heck they are). And as usual, I'm a bit late to jump on the bandwagon. Last night, I made my first three original ACEOs that I listed today in the shop.
These ones are done in my sketching style (ink lines and a wash of acrylic paint). I'm hoping to get some elaborately painted ones done today as well. *So* addicting. I've always enjoyed painting small (and these are actually a smidgen bigger than my mini tag paintings) but I really love the whole collecting aspect that goes with these trading cards. It's really neat. I've never been much into collecting baseball cards or anything, but this...yeah. Collecting small original art cards is definitely right up my alley.

My collection is small so far, but will be growing for sure.
This is the first I bought for my collection and I *LOVE* it. Done by artkitten in acrylic (photo courtesy of her amazing Etsy shop--do check it out!).And these two, done in pen, marker, pencil, and watercolor, I just bought from MissAvocado and am eagerly awaiting their arrival (photos from her Etsy shop as well).

I'm off to do more painting! Cheers!

5 comments:

Spitting Image said...

I just saw your post on my blog friend, HeatherFuture's blog. I didn't realize you had a very awesome blog too. I have been meaning to do a blog feature on the two prints I bought from your shop. I've been meaning to do a feature on classic circus things in general as well. It's on my to do list.
come to think of it, I don't even think I gave your etsy shop any feedback. I'm just an awful person.

Eggman Studios said...

Well thank you! :) And no, you are not an awful person. Most assuredly not. I'm pretty certain.
Anyone who digs circus stuff gets a big thumbs-up, in my humble opinion.

Rachel said...

i like the sketch looking girl, very cool. And your bunnies are creepy. Verrry creepy.

Art Kitten said...

Thanks for the little blurb about "She Wonders" I am really glad that went to you :)

Alex Mosley said...

Greaat blog