Thursday, March 20, 2008

Snail Trails

Can you believe that this coming weekend is Easter? It always feels so odd when it lands in March. Very peculiar. I'll be working most of the weekend, but have plans to do some painting and movie watching on Sunday. Maybe eat some chocolate and make egg salad sandwiches...
I got a nice surprise in the mail this past week...postcards!
I thought this painting would work awesomely for postcards, and sure enough, I'm mad about them. I have visions of these snails flying into the mailboxes of uber conservative folks all over the country. Grandmas! Grandpas! Really weird and reclusive uncles and aunts!

They've just been loaded into the shop in packs of 5 and come along with luscious red envelopes. Yum yum!

I was also surprised to get a notice from Anne of A Thing of Beauty that I've been included in the 100 Great Artists at Etsy list which she's compiled. Wow! What an honor! If you haven't taken a peak at the list, I seriously encourage you to do so because it looks beautiful. She did a wonderful job laying it out and there's so many splendid artists on there--both of the famous and lesser-known variety.

I think I hear my stomach growling, so lunch is in due order. Cheerio, my good friends!

4 comments:

Art Kitten said...

A very large congratulations for making the list! In my humble opinion, you were the most unique and best of the group.

Rachel said...

congrats! you deserve it. :) Everyone I've forced to go look at your site has come away impressed and wanting to buy at least one piece (unfortunately, my forcing powers only go so far...).

Got your email... will ruminate... am possibly going there tomorrow. How many tiles/bits of pottery would you like? I can certainly pick up whatever you should happen to need, as I'll have access to a car.

Eggman Studios said...

Wow Susan, what a compliment! Thank you! :)

Thanks, Rachel! Cool, thank you for being able to pick me up some ceramic-y goodness! I'm thinking I'd like to just get 20 4" tiles (or if that's too much, then just 10) and call it good. Don't know yet what I'll do with 'em--I'll have to do some mad scheming! Mwahaha. :)

Rachel said...

So, we found it.... and it was closed... :) So, we're going back this Friday. Will keep you posted...