Friday, March 14, 2008

Gold and Aqua

Just a quickie post before I head out the door to do some highly-needed grocery shopping. Grocery shopping is my least favorite thing to do. It takes much planning and meditation on my part to get it done. My kitchen has been quite barren for a couple weeks now, and yet isn't it funny that the only thing that motivates me to go to the store is the fact that the cat is now running low on kitty litter. I see who's really the head of the house now....

Anyway, I thought I'd share a wee sneak peak at the beginnings of the 8-Legged Man circus sideshow painting (a biggun for me at 11x14").
More gold leafing, lots of awesome antique newspaper with some pretty neat headlines, and some intricate patterns. There's lots more to do to it. The background is still quite incomplete (needs stripes!) and then of course, it's missing the main character...
And while at the mall last week, I spied these amazing flats in the shoe department (a death trap for me).
Look at how similar these look to my painting so far! It was meant to be.

I forgot to mention in my last post that, unfortunately, the tote bag screen printing deal kinda fell through into oblivion. And I even bought a nice handful of these amazing EcoBag totes (I love them--they're shopping bag sized so you can fit *anything* in them + there's a handy little pocket inside for your phone/keys/ipod/coin purse). Here they are, after a nice wash, and getting all ironed up.
I was going to do some heat-set transfers onto them, but wasn't digging how those turned out. So, they'll have to lie around until I come up with a use for them. Who knows? They may end up getting painted/stenciled on.

Away I go! More painting to do tonight, if I can make it back from the grocery store alive...
Enjoy your weekend, gang!

4 comments:

Art Kitten said...

oh that painting! I can't wait! I love the look on his face so far and the pattern is so intricate. and those shoes are to die for, wow, yep I need me some new spring shoes. I don't know if I can find a pair that gorgeous though!

Anonymous said...

gold and aqua loooove! :)

And if you have a gocco...you could gocco those lovely totes!! :)

Have a darling day! :)

Eggman Studios said...

Thanks guys!

Ooh...a gocco... That's a great idea! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.