Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cuckoo Birds

It's listed for grabs in ye old shope! Hoozah!

The other day at work I saved a little sparrow that flew into the studio. I have no idea what possessed it to come in there. We only have one window, and to a bird, the space can't look all that inviting. Nevertheless, he did want to check it out. A youngin' too, by the looks of it. He was a bit off-kilter and confused when he landed on the floor (as I would be too, if I were a bird). Seeing a poor critter in distress, I immediately jumped the counter and gently grabbed him so he couldn't fly into a wall or customer piece or something. After letting him go outside, I came in to help the customer at the front desk, who promptly replied, "I had no idea bird catching was in your duties here". Ha, proved her wrong, didn't I?

Anywho, I'm going fishing with my dad tomorrow and meanwhile I'm busily at work on another sea life painting--an angler fish! Oh yes, you did in fact read correctly. I'm excited to get it underway. Will post in-progress shots a bit later.
Ta-ta for now, chaps!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the painting! And I am glad you caught the bird!

Eggman Studios said...

Thank you! Always happy to help a wee critter in need... :)

Rachel said...

i bought fudge today. It is excellent. :) I also picked up some awesome calligraphy stuff and a few ink cartridges, so I'll be able to use that stupid quill pen. It should have come with one... :) Looks like we're going to have a tornado here tonight. Awesome!

Eggman Studios said...

Yeah, let me know how the quill pen works out. I hope it does. :) Also, tornados. They scare the daylights outta me.