Saturday, September 23, 2006

More Of My Painted Pottery...

More crazy pottery photos...



This pic shows a few of the pieces I've been painting for my own kitchen set. I looked high and low for dishes with this exact retro/modern pattern and color combo with no luck. So I thought I'd just paint my own, damnit! This is a very long and tedious project since they all have to look the same. I still have 4 plates, 3 cups, and 2 bowls to do. Ouch.

Here's a mug I did a few months ago in homage to one of my absolute favorite flicks, The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou. Ahhh, I love that movie. The front of the mug, as you can see, has the film's logo (a real pain in the arse to paint lettering that small, might I add).

The back has a crayon ponyfish adorning it. Ain't he cute?

More pieces are getting listed in the shop, slowly but surely. I still have a couple custom orders to do, but they shouldn't be too hard to get done. Came up with a nice new charm design that references those totally awesome aluminum trees from bygone days. A year ago I was absolutely obsessed with the things and had to have one. But it's a little difficult to get your hands on an authentic one of decent size that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Sigh. Some day...

No comments: