Friday, March 12, 2010

Nature Preserved

More Field Museum photos, ahoy!I can't say it enough--this place was amazing. My favorite natural history museum to date. And I came home completely overwhelmed with inspiration. I spent most of my time there in the Ornithology wing, staring at various winged friends and geeking out way too much.These wee hummingbirds were my favorite specimens. So, so tiny! The nest was about 2", and the little hummers were maybe an inch long. Look at the tongues! Just amazing. With all this inspiration, I think I'll go work on a painting or two. Have a great weekend, gang!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

natural history museums are always so neat, but also a tad creepy. :) Sounds like Michelle heaven!

Eggman Studios said...

Indeed. I wish I could live in one. :)

sMacThoughts said...

They ARE wonderful... I so wish I had time to go to the Museum of Natural History here in NYC... for me, it is a matter of no free time, rather than money since I can get in free through work. :P

Eggman Studios said...

I so hear you on the lack of free time dilemma...though, I'm mighty jealous you get in for free (get thee to the Museum, pronto!). ;)

Unknown said...

The colors in these are beautiful, browns and blues are my favorite.
I just love the robin egg blue behind the little birds.
It seems like you had a nice, inspiring time!

Eggman Studios said...

Thanks, Sarah! Those are my favorite colors too. Rich, old-timey muted hues.