Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Little Scenes Of Wonder

These brown paper packages tied up with string (with little wax seals added for extra pizazz and flair) were paintings mailed out last week. They looked so cozy, I had to snap a picture.

I've put a few "old-but-new-to-the-shop" paintings in my online store today. They've been hanging around my walls long enough!
"The Forest Floor In Grandma's Room" acrylic on canvas, 5x7" {sold}
"Light In The Deep" acrylic on hardboard, 8x10" {sold}
"New Years Resolution" ACEO, acrylic on illustration board, 2.5x3.5" {sold}

Now I can get to work on some new pieces I've been pondering in my sketchbooks. I had plans this week to get caught up on having new prints made...and then I ran out of blue ink while color correcting print files. Ain't that always the case? And that's the one ink color I, unfortunately, do not have a replacement on hand for. Luckily, I recently discovered Office Max is now carrying my particular printer's cartridges, which is awesome since before there was only one store a good 30 minutes away that would carry them (...and typically never had them in stock when I needed them). So Office Max, you are now my temporary best friend. You better have the blue though. That's all I'm sayin'.

I thought I'd also share some images of an artist who I discovered earlier in the year and really dig. Thomas Doyle creates these amazingly strange miniature dioramas that pack quite a visual and emotional punch:
His website has many pictures of his different projects that you should really check out. I get such a kick out of miniature scenes, and as a kid, was constantly sketching and planning different dioramas and room boxes that I thought would be pretty wild and out there. It's almost like Thomas Doyle crept into my brain and created them himself. So cool.
I'm hunkering down for more ice and snow on the way! Time to get some more coffee ready and double up the socks...

Take care of yourselves, loves.

No comments: