Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Diving Headfirst

Hello gang.

So terribly sorry for not getting the new work in the shop on the dates promised. I've had a pretty tumultuous week at my day job. I won't get into the complicated details, but lets just say that there have been some drastic managerial changes, not necessarily for the best, and as such a good chunk of the work responsibilities (like, three people's worth) have fallen squarely on my shoulders. Quite unwillingly, might I add. Combined with the added stress of being understaffed, and sadness from having two of my dearest and beloved friends moving east yesterday, I hit a bit of a wall on Sunday. And as such, gave my notice at work (my last day will be the 23rd) and shall be preparing for a much-anticipated move to Portland. I'm completely excited and scared at the same time, as I don't have a job or apartment lined up yet down there. Eek! But I feel like I need to be there and have felt that way for the past year, so I guess I'll make the dive.

Any Portlanders that have any advice on good locations/bad locations for apartments? I'm all ears.

Anyway, enough work talk! Indeed, I have been super busy on the art front and have pieces to show you that will be available for sale online over the course of the next couple of days. I'm so excited about them.
"Stella's Dive" acrylic on cradled hardboard, 6x12x1" {detail}
"My Best Friend Was Jacques Cousteau" acrylic on cradled hardboard, 4x4x3/4" {update: sold} "The Oceanic Matinee" acrylic on wood laminate sample, 3.5x4.75" {update: sold} {detail}

"Woodland Symphony" acrylic on wooden plaque {update: sold}
{detail}

And here's a little wall vignette with them hanging up for display:
Finally got an appropriate frame for this one ("The Forest Floor In Grandma's Room" acrylic on canvas, 5x7"):
Alrighty...I have noodles cooking on the stove that I must tend to.

P.S.: All sketchbook ornaments in the shop are now on holiday sale! Originally $12 each, they're now just $8. Sweet!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Great, Michelle!! I'm very excited for you! Sorry work transitions have been rough. On the flipside, it sounds like you have a pretty exciting horizon up ahead! Good luck getting through the next few weeks of work.

Karlyn said...

Wonderful work Michelle! Portland is a wonderful city and I'm sure you will be very happy there. My parents were born and raised there and I lived there for part of my young life as well. Make sure you go to the coast. A lot! It's one of the prettiest areas in the world. I wish you the best of luck! Merry Christmas!

Eggman Studios said...

Thank you ladies! :) I'm stoked about Portland--I *love* that city. I'll be taking a trip there after Christmas to scope out a new home and I'm really looking forward to it.

Merry Christmas, Karlyn!! :)

sMacThoughts said...

Wow! Lots of changes and new things to come for you in your life. You are making brave steps, so I believe you will be rewarded for them. I admire you. These paintings are SO beautiful!

Rachel said...

I like the frame on the last one, really goes well together. :) Okay, so I'm definitely heading over this Sunday. I'm so f***ing sick of working. I'll be putting in over 60 hours this week, plus still studying and going to school, and teaching my ESL class. head...is...going...to...POP!!!!