Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Where Land Meets Sea

Hello, dearies!

I have been busily painting up a storm, creating a small pile of pieces for a quickly-looming online update (looking to happen right after Thanksgiving). I'm trying to have plenty of originals of all sizes and affordability because I'd love for everyone to have the chance at some original artwork for the holidays.

In-between the painting sessions and the day job, I took some quick snapshots at a couple pieces on my work table at the moment.

"Woodland Symphony" acrylic on wooden plaque

This one is all done and quite mysterious. A phonograph sprouting roots in a faraway forest... And the gloss is just insane due to the 6-8 layers of colored glazes in the background. It has a glass-like look to it adding a lot of depth and wonderfully saturated color.
And this piece is moving right along as well. Since this picture was taken, I've painted a detailed horseshoe crab patterned wallpaper behind the Victorian lass (which was the big inspiration behind doing this piece) and have almost finished her forest green velvet dress. She's coming along swimmingly!

I must get back to work. Hope you are all enjoying your weeks so far!

P.S. If you haven't done so already, do sign up for the giveaway if you're interested! This Saturday I'll draw a random name for the prize.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

that is so cool! I love the whole plaque thing. :) texture and all plus the gorgeous painting. I'm going to need your help with some lacquer questions...

Anonymous said...

Oh! This is most lovely,indeed!!

Anonymous said...

Your work always amazes me. I love the photo of your work in progress as I always find it so interesting to see how artists work.

Eggman Studios said...

Thanks, ladies! :)

Rachel, feel free to fire away with any varnish/lacquer Qs when I see you Sunday.

Dawn, I always feel the same way when peeking in on other artists too. :) It's almost more interesting to see the in-progress works than the finished ones.

Sandrine Mercier said...

Your woodland symphony is wonderful ^_^

Art Kitten said...

love the new art, looking forward to seeing more in your shop!

Eggman Studios said...

Thank you, gals! :)