Monday, October 20, 2008

Little Red

Oh my. Hello, sweeties. I haven't forgotten you! In fact, you have all been on my mind. Thank you *so* much for your constant love and support. The update was a success and I'm thrilled to have a few more original paintings and sketches and things off delighting folks 'round the country. There's still oodles more left if you've been on the fence.

I've slowed down a bit on the painting front, which is actually quite good as I was completely absorbed there for a good 3 weeks. I'm a little red-eyed and lost, but happy with the new pieces. I can't wait to unveil them all to you! This particular one I just listed in the shop and I'm rather smitten with it (no doubt my most mixed-media mini piece to date):
I've been hanging onto this antique 1800s book cover for a long time wondering what to do with it. It is, hands down, the coolest antique store find I've come across. It used to be the cover of a photographer's cabinet card photo book. When I found it, the book binding was no more, and the cover was completely seperated from the aged cabinet cards. I think I paid $10 for the whole shebang. I still have the back cover and will probably hold onto that one a wee bit longer...

And Halloween is just around the bend! Yay! I've been dreaming up costume ideas and I think I've finally settled on dressing up in a Little Red Riding Hood ensemble--encorporating elements from the entire story in my costume. It's a bit daunting, and I'm waiting on the vintage dress I ordered to get here to do some alterations, but man am I excited!

I've been scouring Etsy to gather some visual inspirations for my costume and thought I'd share some with all of you. Some of these pieces have sold, some are still up for grabs and would make wonderful costume additions (and are even perfect for after the spooky holiday is over). Together, they make a wonderfully adult version of the Little Red Riding Hood story:

neckwarmer/capelet from NandaHandcraftedathena's love nest necklace from luxedeluxered chenille cape from TessVintageKnitsgingham and lace dress from GreyBrocket

victorian cape from gloomthpeacock headband from portobello
victorian revival dress from lulalee


coyote mask from merimask
amelia headband from whichgoose
gentilly slip from bayousalvage
chartreuse bunny button from poodlebreath
basket handbag from lisazainralph lauren oxford lace up boots from nstylevintage

Yummy! So much eye candy. I wish I could scoop all of these lovelies up for a jaw-dropping outfit.

Happy Monday, peeps! Hope it's full of whimsy!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

LOVE the new banner. And I heart those shoes. :D Cool use for the book cover, I remember thinking it was super neat.

Eggman Studios said...

Aren't those boots *killer*?! Dear god. Thanks for the banner love! I thought it might be time to switch things up a bit. :)