Thursday, September 16, 2010

Urchin Totem

It's cloudy and drizzly and dark today....my favorite kind.

The midday natural light was so soft and dim that I quickly snapped a couple photos of a portion of my natural history collection display shelf.
Stacks of urchins and jars of feathers...An old book plate depicting varieties of anemones that I framed up a while back...Crab shells and rocks and various bits and bobs...In the studio, I have this old box of mostly bird illustrations that I've cut up and set aside for collages and inspiration. I've used some of them, but I really just enjoy looking at the melange of different bird heads and colors all living hectically (yet peacefully) together.

4 comments:

MarmeeCraft said...

What a magical assortment of birds!! And I love your wee urchin-stack!

Eggman Studios said...

Thank you so much, my dear! :)

Goads said...

Are those really urchins? You've got rear and great collections.

sophielouise said...

I love your blog! Beautiful!