Monday, September 29, 2008

What Lurks In The Shadows

I emerge from the deep caves of creative activity! Alive, doing well, seeking food and nourishment.

Halloween has crept into my thoughts and work lately. Ah, I so love Halloween. And never fear, my dearest friends! Though I'm neck-deep in gallery/show painting (that I can't wait to show all of you) I also have been prepping new curiosities for the Etsy shop and I'm head-over-heels for these small new things.

Last night I had to snap a few pictures amongst the glow of the candles to give you all a sneak peek at what will be soon unveiled...
There are some lovely, albeit bizarre little drawings set in wonderfully aged gilded frames (complete with vintage lace hangers)...
I do so love how this one turned out (though she's a bit hard to make out in the darkness)...
And also, a whole bucketful of little stuffed ornaments that are made from transfers taken straight from the crinkled pages of my sketchbook (lots of tentacles and a disembodied head or two). They're all hand-stitched with love using vintage linens and repurposed old upholstery fabrics. I'm madly in love with them.

It looks as though this next shop update will be slightly spooky, very black-and-white, and boiling over with Fallish thoughts. I have a couple more surprises up my sleeve, but I'm waiting until my work schedule gets posted before I set a date for the October Update. Within the next day or two, I'll have a date and time arranged for you all.
Oh! And I couldn't help but take a quick snap of my little bat girl sitting atop my gothic piano display area. She's made by the ever-talented Crystal (my second purchase from her--her pieces are absolutely amazing).

And for more Fall/Halloween/decay/couture inspiration, I recently stumbled across the amazing Gibbous Fashions and have been drooling ever since. What inspiration! I love all the antique/vintage fabrics and laces and lovely layers all stitched together helter-skelter to create whimsical, one-of-a-kind clothing. Truly breathtaking. I'd kill for one of these gorgeously layered skirts. They do women's and men's fashions (and boy howdy, some of those men's jackets are freakin' *incredible*). Definitely worth a looksy (all pictures below are from the Gibbous site).
Okay gang. I'm off to get another cup of coffee and get back to the creative cave. I'm so happy that October is nearly here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh lovely!! They make me think of 19th century folk work.....which I've been drooling over lately! :) Dreamy Work, indeed!!

And those skirts are positively faerie-worthy!! :)

Art Kitten said...

Eerie and awesome, I love it. I am going to have to convo you sometime about how you prepare for gallery shows, once I get enough work together to have one, that is.

Eggman Studios said...

Thank you, ladies!

Susan, I think I'll do a blog post soon here about how to go about it...though I'm learning every step of the way since I'm relatively new to this myself. :)