Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Valentine Special

The Narwhal and White Sperm Whale prints have been loaded into the shop, at last at last! And, for a limited time, you can buy both prints via this listing for only $20 plus shipping (vs. the regular $24 plus shipping) until February 14th. Hoozah!I really like these two and think I may keep a couple for myself to put in some simple white frames and hang on the wall. My mom is getting a framed Narwhal for Valentine's Day this year and perhaps a tiny sculpted animal of some sort, but I'm still trying to work out her little pressie.

Which also led me to think about Valentine's Day while growing up.

Throughout my childhood, and even now in adulthood, it has always been more-or-less celebrated in my family as a "family-oriented" holiday and not just a "significant other" holiday, where we'll give our parents a nice card (always made by hand, of course) or some small trinket to let them know that yes, we *do* love you and care deeply about you. And they (well, always my mom in this case) would give us both cards and usually a small trinket or some candy to let my brother and I know the same thing. I still get a card and candy from my mom every year (how sweet is that?) and I love to do the same thing back.

So, I usually find it silly when the big commercial companies throw all the ridiculous over-the-top typical Valentine's Day stuff at you. I'm so much more of a subtle V-Day girl, myself. It's a rather small holiday--so do we really need strands of conversation heart lights and huge pink teddy bears and pink heart "I love you" tablecloths and Valentine's Day-themed dishes and....

Anyway, a little bit off-track there... I'll be spending the rest of my day painting and readying the next line-up of projects. Another shop update will be happening next month, hopefully around the second week of February. I already have some grand schemes up my sleeve and, as usual, a theme for the update I think you will all rather enjoy. Lips are zipped at the moment though, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait until I blurt it all out.

Take care, my friends, and enjoy the rest of your week!

4 comments:

Keys and Memories said...

those are so cute!! I love the background :)

High Desert Diva said...

likin' those whale cards!

Rachel said...

grand schemes, eh?? I dunno if I like the sound of that...

Eggman Studios said...

Thanks, guys! :)

Rachel, I promise they're nothing illegal. *cough*