Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hello, Goodbye

Today is being spent packing, list-making, iPod & camera battery charging, bank visiting, and bill paying before I fly out to London tomorrow morning at 6am. I'm buckets of excited! I'm bringing a sketchbook and notebook for general doodles/sketches and idea-making and a fully-charged digi cam for all those neato pictures.

I had mentioned that those new boots have a neat patterned interior and totally forgot to show you guys! Here's a detailed shot:

I've also been tagged by Marjorie to list 7 somewhat unknown or lesser known things about myself. I always love playing these games. Here's the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about YOU: some random, some weird...all devastatingly interesting.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

And here's my list:
1) I love crab (it's my favorite seafood, hands-down).
2) I'm a Wes Anderson nut. His movies make me so happy and inspire the dickens outta me. Wes, lets grab a coffee together...
3) I'm at least 3 years behind in cell phone technology. I'm a high-tech gadget girl when it comes to computers, printers, and software but am at a loss with cell phones. The one I have is so old it looks like a walkie talkie. And don't ask me what the phone number is--I don't have a clue.
4) I hate grocery shopping. It's one of my least favorite things to do and only do it when there's absolutely nothing for me to eat in the house. When I do go, a shopping list is a must. It's a death sentence without one.
5) I have a BFA in graphic design and I don't like graphic design. After a short stint doing freelance design, I realized I was always meant to be a fine artist. I got a lot out of my education and work experience as a designer, but honestly have no desire anymore to go into that field (it's just too cutthroat, competitive, and not nearly creative enough to satisfy me).
6) Every Halloween I have to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. I can't remember the last Halloween where I didn't watch it.
7) At one point, I worked in the kitchens at Red Lobster. I have no regrets even though it was the worst job I've ever had. I know all about the science of cooking crablegs and lobster tails and at what temperature prawns will begin to cook if left out of the fridge for too long, but to this day I'll gag if I smell cilantro or scampi butter.
I know I'm supposed to go hunt down 7 more people to tag, but I'm being extra lazy. If you haven't played the game (or even if you have and want to play again), you can officially dub yourself TAGGED. Now put together a list of all those weird little facts...

So, that's all for now. I'll be back on the 22nd with crazy tales, fun images, and hopefully a book full of new painting ideas. The shop will remain open, but any purchases made between now and when I return won't be shipped out until the 23rd.

Thank you everyone for tuning in, giving good thoughts, and being so awesome! See ya soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aggghhh!! London! I'm a jealous little Marjorie!: ) Have a lovely time and thanks for playing the tagging game!:) I love Wes Anderson's work,too!! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!!