Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lets All Have A Picnic

I just listed an adorable picnic charm bracelet that will make you dust off that old picnic basket and break out the hamburger buns. I love this piece. Was a little apprehensive at first; I was going to put itty bitty sculptural ants on the tablecloth charms.

Imagine the horror when I realized just how creepy ants actually look.

Now, I really think ants are interesting little insects. Hell, I had an ant farm when I was a kid and spent a good long time cultivating and raising my humble little ant family into a bustling ant metropolis. But it wasn't until I actually began sculpting them when they creeped me out. Reminded me of little black spiders. Blech!

So, I bagged that idea and put "representational" ants on the bracelet by means of black glass beads.

Problem solved.

No comments: